Gamer: MotorStorm Apocalypse Will Be In 3D
By John Beltz Snyder
June 16, 2010
The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is going on right now, so, of course, we’re tuned in to any game that coincides with our love of automobiles. MotorStorm: Apocalypse is one such game for the PlayStation 3.
We’re already familiar with the franchise, and have spent hours behind the virtual wheel aiming all sorts of explosion-prone vehicles through MotorStorm’s different treacherous environments. So, our ears perked up when we heard about the newest title, which takes place in an end-of-times setting, complete with deteriorating infrastructure and toppling skyscrapers, (which, according to Sony, do affect gameplay).
Oh yeah, and it’s going to be 3D-capable. (Pause for the sobering realization that the 3D TV in our future is going to set us back a pretty penny.)
We have enjoyed the series so far, and we can’t wait to get our hands on the newest MotorStorm title. In the meantime, screenshots, concept art, and a video trailer will have to suffice.
Scroll down for more information from Sony.
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.
Developer: Evolution Studios
Platform: PlayStation®3 system
Rating: “RP” for “Rating Pending”
Once again, the most brutal off-road racing festival is back, and this time the ‘Stormers are bringing the extreme MotorStorm® festival to a major metropolitan city ravaged by a gigantic earthquake. Developed by Evolutions Studios exclusively for the PlayStation® 3 (PS3™), MotorStorm®: Apocalypse brings back the signature MotorStorm racing madness but this time the racers must deal with the unpredictability of a crumbling urban environment. Filled with unstable skyscrapers, fiery subway tunnels, twisting bridges, and collapsing buildings, the almost completely abandoned city offers the perfect playground for MotorStorm’s electric brand of brutal street racing. Fully customize your collection of vehicles, including supercars, muscle cars, and superbikes, and face down your fellow ‘Stormers as well as a city where destruction awaits you at every turn. With tremors and aftershocks continuing to hit the city in real-time, players will be faced with making quick decisions in a landscape on the verge of total devastation. Welcome to the apocalypse, MotorStorm style!
• Pick and customize vehicles from no less than 12 classes (assume there will be more than 12?), with supercars, muscle cars, superbikes, choppers and more now added to the legendary mix of MotorStorm classics
• Take part in more than 40 unique races, with tracks changing for each visit
• Survive staggering and epic real-time destruction effects – everything from machine gun fire to rocket attacks to earthquakes happening as you race
• With 3D support, immerse yourself in the race as every crash and explosion come to life right into your living room in stereoscopic glory on your 3D TV
• Battle friends with 4-player split-screen, or take 4-player split-screen online for even more racing mayhem
• Deep online features including intense 16-player online racing, sharing custom car designs with friends, and creating and sharing totally new game experiences with the incredible Game Mode Creator