Gamer: Gran Turismo 5 Release Date, Trailer, Collector’s Edition
By John Beltz Snyder
June 16, 2010
Sony is making the most of this year’s E3 expo, and Gran Turismo 5 is in the spotlight again. We now have a (new) release date, another trailer, and details about the $99 Collector’s Edition.
Gran Turismo 5’s release date is scheduled for November 2, 2010, just in time for holiday shopping (not that we’re going to wait that long). For $99, one can scoop up the Collector’s Edition, which includes five downloadable vehicles, a keychain, a 300-page guide to cars and driving, and, most importantly, a 1:43 scale diecast Nissan GT-R.
While we don’t usually pick up special editions of games, this is one we can’t pass up. Extra in-game content and another model car for our collection? We’re going to go preorder that bad boy right now.
Scroll down for more information
Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition Announcement
Last Updated : Jun 15, 2010
Collector's Edition Contents
1:43 scale diecast Nissan GT-R Spec V with exclusive Gran Turismo livery
Today Sony Computer Entertainment America announced the Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition, releasing on November 2 alongside the stand-alone version. The Collector’s Edition features a must-have collection of exclusive items hand-picked for Gran Turismo fans. Quantities will be limited, so serious Gran Turismo fans should pre-order their copy at their local retailer now.
Retailing for $99.99 SRP, the Collector's Edition includes a 1:43 scale collectible diecast car, a 300-page guide to cars and racing techniques, a GT-branded key chain, a voucher for five (5) DLC cars, and a numbered certificate of authenticity, all housed in stylish, premium packaging.
Collector's Edition Content Details:
* Gran Turismo® 5 game
* Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho
* In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material
* Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain
* Voucher for five (5) exclusive high-end cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades
* Numbered certificate of authenticity
* Custom collector’s packaging