Race Class Profile: 944-Spec
By Winding Road Staff
August 28, 2014
- National Auto Sport Association - The sanctioning body for 944-Spec. Check out the NASA 944-Spec rules for 2014 here.
- Spec944.org - News, results, standings, forums, regional contacts, and technical information resource for 944-Spec racers.
- 1983-1988 Porsche 944, normally aspirated, 2479 cc, eight valve engine
- 1987-1988 Porsche 924S, 2479 cc, eight valve engine
- 2479 cc, eight valve engine. All engines, components, and parts must have been offered for sale in a Porsche 944 from model years 1983-1988 with 2479cc, eight valve normally aspirated engines only and sold by a dealer in the United States. All engines and their internal components must remain stock and within factory specified tolerances. Engine blocks, crankshafts, pistons, connecting rods, camshaft, head casting and cam tower casting must be the original factory part or genuine OEM replacements.
- All suspension components must be stock parts and mounted in unmodified original factory mounting locations.
- Shocks must be either the original factory installed shocks or the following models and part numbers (custom valving is not allowed):
- Camber plates are allowed provided they bolt to the chassis using existing shock mounting holes and make no modification to the shock tower.
- Any rate spring is permissible in the factory original location only. Coil-over systems are prohibited in the rear.
- Any sway bars are permissible as long as they are not cockpit adjustable.
- Aftermarket performance engine management chip is allowed with a 25lbs increase in minimum weight.
- Aftermarket performance headers are allowed with a 25lbs increase in minimum weight.
- Flywheels lighter than stock are allowed with a 30lbs increase in minimum weight.
- For a full list of 944-Spec requirements, check out the 944-Spec NASA CCR here.
- Porsche Owner's Club Spec Racing: POC hosts events for 944, Boxster, Cayman, and 911 GT3 spec cars.
- Buttonwilow - Course 13 CW / Charles Buzzetti / 2:05.807 - 10/09/2010
- Laguna Seca / Charles Buzzetti / 1:46.864 - 07/06/2013
- Road America / Eric Kuhns / 2:46.807 - 10/08/2011
- Chuckwalla Valley Raceway (CCW) 4 / Tyler Palmer / 2:02.228 - 01/12/2013
- Miller Motorsports Park Full (4.5M) / Norman Hamden / 3:32.887 - 06/15/2008